Improve Your Pool's Lighting
You don't have to break the bank on a big pool renovation in order to find ways to improve your pool's appearance, while lowering operating costs and saving resources. There are simple but effective changes you can make that will have a dramatic impact on the appearance of your swimming pool, while also saving energy—and money—over time. For example, simply upgrading your pool's lighting from incandescent bulbs to newer LED lights will provide a brighter, more appealing light while also reducing your energy consumption.
Q: What are some of the benefits of LED lighting?
A: Commercial aquatic facilities are continually performing internal audits on operational costs to find ways to save money for additional aquatic programming. In doing so, many are discovering one of the fastest, easiest ways to reduce energy consumption is to replace old incandescent pool lighting with today's improved light-emitting diode (LED) lighting.
LEDs are small semiconductor devices used to convert electrical energy directly into light. By combining these digital light sources with microprocessor intelligence, aquatic facility operators can control numerous aspects of illumination. The results are an amazing, crisp, bright yet dense saturation of light.
Q: Our aquatic facility pools and spas all user older incandescent bulbs, which don't illuminate very brightly and need frequent replacement. We would like to retrofit all our underwater lights with new energy-efficient LED bulbs. Is there a way to do this without having to do major renovation and replacement of the lights and their housing?
A: LED lights will illuminate your pool more effectively than traditional incandescent lights, making the pool water clearer and easier to see in and through, while also brightening the overall space at night.
Talk to your pool supplier about the options for replacing your lights. A simple solution is available for you to replace incandescent lamps with new white LEDs. This replacement kit might work for you, depending on the type of light you have installed.
The new system enables you to replace incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LED lights without the hassle and cost of replacing the existing light fixtures. The convenient Edison screw base makes these lights a "plug and play" replacement, with no need to replace the existing fixture. The kit includes everything from the pool light assembly gasket, gasket, lens and face ring to the screws and assembly clamps.
Q: We're looking for ways to reduce our maintenance costs and save energy. Can LED lighting in the pool help?
A: Another benefit to using LED lighting is its lifespan, which is generally 10 to 15 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs. This longer lifespan means less frequent changing of bulbs, offering aquatic facilities savings in terms of maintenance.
Further, they also create light without reaching the high-heat extremes created by traditional light bulbs. With less heat, they require less energy to operate, and less energy is wasted. LED circuits are extremely energy efficient; 80 percent of the electrical energy an LED circuit produces is converted into light energy. The remaining 20 percent is lost as heat energy. Comparatively, incandescent bulbs operate at 20 percent efficiency, meaning 80 percent of the energy is lost as heat. Even though incandescent light may seem cheaper initially, LED pool lights offer increased user benefits and reduce energy costs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Pentair Commercial Aquatics
© Copyright 2021 Recreation Management. All rights reserved.