IHRSA 2022 Reconnects Global Fitness Industry
Fitness industry professionals from 75 countries convened in Miami Beach to network, learn, sample equipment and products, and have fun at IHRSA’s 41st International Convention & Trade Show.
BOSTON, MA—July 7, 2022—For the first time, fitness industry professionals gathered in Miami Beach, FL, to attend IHRSA’s 41st International Convention & Trade Show. The theme of this year’s event rallied around moving forward, together.
“Clubs are a community and gateway to begin a health and wellness journey. We are igniting powerful solutions to improve people’s lives,” said IHRSA President and CEO Liz Clark. “This past year has been about building an advocacy powerhouse to offer something for everyone. There’s never been a bigger need for a strong industry organization. We’re proud to say that lawmakers now know that our industry is a real thing and that we will never be left behind again.”
At IHRSA 2022, attendees networked—some for the first time since 2019—tried out a myriad of equipment and products at the Trade Show, and learned invaluable lessons and information during education sessions.
IHRSA 2022 by the Numbers
- More than 6,000 fitness industry professionals, spanning 75 countries, attended the Convention & Trade Show.
- The vibrant exhibit hall, with nearly 300 exhibitors, showcased a wealth of new products, services, and solutions throughout the two-day Trade Show and early morning workouts. Exhibitors were pleased with turnout and consistently highlighted the high quality conversations with key decision makers and buyers.
- Attendees had access to 100 education sessions, networking opportunities, exercise classes, workshops, special events and presentations, and more.
- People were excited to share their experience on social; upwards of 4,000 posts tagged IHRSA and #IHRSA2022, reaching nearly 150,000 impressions. Take a look at the IHRSA 2022 Social Wall.
Additional Convention Highlights
- For those who weren’t able to travel to the in-person event, a wealth of resources, education sessions, networking opportunities, and more were available on IHRSA’s virtual platform. If you didn’t take part, you can still register to experience IHRSA 2022 on-demand until September 25. Those who attended in-person also have access to on-demand sessions through this time.
- Keynote presentations from Amy & Ben Wright (sponsored by ABC Fitness Solutions), Daymond John (sponsored by MXMetrics), and Liz Bohannon (sponsored by Matrix Fitness) were live-streamed.
- The 13th Annual IHRSA Women’s Leadership Summit (sponsored by Club Automation, Motionsoft, CSI Spectrum and VFPnext) was headlined by EllenLatham, creator and co-founder of Orange theory Fitness.
- The IHRSA Foundation VIP Reception (sponsored by Glofox, NASM / AFAA and Xplor) brought the IHRSA Board of Directors and many industry leaders together to network and learn about the many important projects the IHRSA Foundation successfully completed over the past year and ongoing initiatives.
- The 25th Annual IHRSA Financial Panel moderated by Rick Caro featured four financial experts who focused on recovering from COVID-19, potential future threats, and upcoming financial news.
- Live Spanish and Portuguese translation for virtual and in-person attendees.
- Chris Craytor, acac Fitness & Wellness Centers president and COO, will serve as IHRSA Board Chair for the 2022/2023 year.
- Two new directors were welcomed to the IHRSA Board: Al Noshirvani, owner of Fitness Club Management, which operates a chain of fitness clubs in the greater Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, and J.J. Creegan, senior vice president ofoperations at Orange theory Fitness. Alan Leach, Bryan O’Rourke, and Ex-officio Carrie Kepple Styles were thanked for their Board service as their to a close.
2022 Award Announcement
IHRSA awarded the Advocate of the Year Award at IHRSA 2022 to Rodney Steven II, owner of Genesis Health Clubs. Advocacy and public policy are at the forefront of IHRSA and its advocacy arm, the National Health & Fitness Alliance. This annual award recognizes an individual who sacrifices and takes risks to advocate for the fitness industry and keep the fight going.
IHRSA 2022 Resources
- Official show images will be shared across IHRSA’s social media channels and web content.
- We’ll be posting more IHRSA 2021 videos, keep an eye out on our YouTube page.
Join IHRSA in San Diego in 2023!
For those who couldn’t make it to IHRSA 2022, or didn’t get enough of this year’s event, another convention is right around the corner. In just nine months, the health and fitness industry will convene in San Diego, CA, from March 20-22 for IHRSA 2023!
IHRSA Premium Members
IHRSA Premium members gain access to exclusive educational and networking events and a Premium Club at the Annual IHRSA International Convention & Trade Show. The"Premium Experience" is just one of many benefits of IHRSA Premium membership. For more information on Premium membership, visit ihrsa.org/membership or contact the membership team at email@example.com.
IHRSA thanks all of its Premium members for their continued support.
IHRSA 2022 Sponsors
IHRSA gratefully acknowledges all of the sponsors that helped to make IHRSA 2022 possible:
ABC Fitness Solutions, American Council on Exercise (ACE), Americaneagle.com, Ascentium Capital, Atmosphere TV, Celsius, Club Automation, Motionsoft, CSI Spectrum, and VFPnext, Club OS / EverCommerce, Core Health & Fitness, Cryo Innovations, EGYM, Eleiko Sport Inc., F45 Training, Fitness Brasil, Fitness Industry Council of Canada, GANTNER Electronic GmbH, Glofox, GOJO Industries, Gympass, HealthyCARE, HydroMassage, Integrity Square LLC, Keiser Corporation, Korr Medical Technologies, Les Mills International, Management Around Sports, Matrix Fitness, Mercado Fitness, Merrithew, Mindbody | ClassPass, MOTUS Consumer Insights, MXMetrics, Myzone, NASM / AFAA, PFP Media, SporstArt, Styku, Tag Digital Marketing, Technogym SpA, TheraGun, Total Gym, Twin Oaks Software, Xplor, Yottled, Zeamo, and Zumba Fitness.
IHRSA, The Global Health & Fitness Association, is a not-for-profit trade association that maintains a leadership role in advancing physical activity with a mission to grow, promote, and protect the health and fitness industry, while providing its members with benefits and resources. IHRSA is the publisher of Club Business International, the leading monthly magazine for the global fitness industry.
IHRSA organizes and runs the fitness industry’s largest and most successful U.S.-based commercial fitness convention and trade show. The Annual IHRSA International Convention & Trade Show is the premier gathering of leaders and decision makers in the global health and fitness industry. Learn more about next year’s event in San Diego, CA, from March 20-22, 2023. To apply for a complimentary media pass, fill out this form.