SHAPE America Announces 2022 National Teachers of the Year
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
SHAPE America Announces 2022 National Teachers of the Year in Physical Education, Adapted PE, and Health Education
RESTON, VA, May 26, 2022 — SHAPE America – Society of Health and Physical Educators today announced its 2022 National Teacher of the Year award winners, five individuals who are among the elite of the adapted physical education, school health education, and physical education professions.
The national award recipients, selected after state and district competitions, were announced during SHAPE America's 2022 National Convention & Expo, which was held April 26-30 in New Orleans.
The 2022 National Teachers of the Year are:
- Adapted Physical Education — Jen HeebinkBuffalo High School and Buffalo Community Middle School, Buffalo, MN
- Health Education — Jessica Matheson Rockford High School, Rockford, MN
- Elementary Physical Education — Rebecca Lambdin-Abraham Maplewood Elementary School, Austin, TX
- Middle School Physical Education — Paulo Ribeiro Parkway Southwest Middle School, Ballwin, MO
- High School Physical Education — Charles Rizzuto Oyster Bay High School, Oyster Bay, NY
The Teacher of the Year awards are given in recognition of outstanding teaching performance and the ability to motivate today's youth to participate in a lifetime of physical activity. The program is sponsored by the Teacher of the Year Partner Network, which includes SPARK, Wellness Training Specialists, Gopher, and Goodheart-Willcox Publisher.
About SHAPE America
SHAPE America – Society of Health and Physical Educators serves as the voice for 200,000+ health and physical education professionals across the United States. The organization’s community includes a diverse membership of health and physical educators, as well as advocates, supporters, and 50+ state affiliate organizations.
Since its founding in 1885, the organization has defined excellence in physical education. For decades, SHAPE America’s National Standards for K-12 Physical Education have served as the foundation for well-designed physical education programs across the country. Additionally, the organization helped develop and owns the National Health Education Standards.
For more information, visit www.shapeamerica.org.