Most recent podcasts
Unapologetic Advocacy: Using Your Voice to Create Change
Season 2, Episode 11
Featured Guest: Nan Marchand Beauvois, senior vice president, membership and industry relations, U.S. Travel Association
How can you best advocate for yourself and your community? Nan Marchand Beauvois, senior vice president, membership and industry relations, at the U.S. Travel Association, shares what goes on behind the scenes when advocating for the future of the meetings industry, speaking to the importance of using one's voice.
This special episode of Dare to Interrupt was recorded during IMEX America 2021 at the Delano Las Vegas. Thanks to the generosity and support of MGM Resorts International!
Want to hear more from Courtney and her incredible guests? Find all Dare to Interrupt episodes here.
Meet Our Guest: Nan Marchand Beauvois
Nan Marchand Beauvois is U.S. Travel Association’s senior vice president of membership and industry relations, overseeing the National Council of State Tourism Directors, the National Council of Attractions and Experiences, the Destinations Council and the Meetings Mean Business Coalition. She is also general manager for U.S. Travel’s Educational Seminar for Tourism Organizations (ESTO).
Prior to joining U.S. Travel, Marchand Beauvois was the executive director of the Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau, where she worked to brand the city as a year-round business and leisure destination, beyond the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl, in the competitive Los Angeles market. She concurrently led an aggressive sales program for the city’s expanding convention center.
Marchand Beauvois has lent her skills to numerous industry associations throughout her career. She was also a long-term board member of CalTravel, where she served as chair in 2000-01. In 2016 she was recognized by Trending40.com as D.C. Association & Non-Profits Innovators and has been recognized twice as one of Successful Meetings’ 25 Most Influential People in the Meetings Industry, and was inducted into the Smart Woman’s 2020 Hall of Fame.
Marchand Beauvois studied political science/international relations and romance languages at the University of California at Los Angeles. She resides in Arlington, Virginia, with her husband, son and dog, Coco.
Connect with Nan:
More About Our Host:
Courtney believes that transforming past experiences into impactful conversations through raw, authentic storytelling challenges the status quo, connects people from all walks of life and results in great change for the world.
- Courtney is the youngest member to have ever been elected to Meeting Professionals International’s (MPI) International Board of Directors
- She is the recipient of Smart Meetings’ Entrepreneur Award, MeetingsNet’s Changemaker Award, the Association for Women in Events (AWE) Disruptor Award, the MPI Chairman’s Award and MPI RISE Award.
- Named Collaborate and Connect Magazine’s 40 under 40 and a Meetings Today Trendsetter.
- Recognized as one of the event industry’s most impactful change-makers.
- Serves on the Events Industry Sexual Harassment Task Force, AWE’s Board of Directors, MPI’s Women’s Advisory Board, is a Meetings Mean Business Ambassador and is the co-founder of the award-winning movement, #MeetingsToo.
- Named as a 2020 Meetings Trendsetter by Meetings Today
Connect with Courtney: